| 35.3102° N, 120.4358° W
- Checkpoint Challenge Adventure Race 2017
Checkpoint Challenge Adventure Race 2017 // April 1, 2017 // © Kaori Photo 2017Event: Checkpoint Challenge Adventure Race 2017Date: April 1, 2017Location: Santa Margarita Lake - Santa Margarita, CAWebsite: Click here to viewSpent April Fools Day 2017 chasing athletes through California's beautiful backcountry, only 30min from my house in San Luis Obispo! The event offered two distances, 3-5 hour sprint race and a 6 hour half day expedition. Athletes were tasked to collect checkpoints on a kayak, mountain bike and on foot using only a map and a compass. Sprint distance athletes covered 8-10 miles of mountain biking, 4 miles of trekking on foot, and finally 2-3 miles of kayaking. The 6 hour athletes covered double the distances of the sprint course, PLUS an orienteering section and a tyrolean traverse! Epic day, with lasting memories... captured by yours truly.
FULL PHOTO GALLERY will be available on kaoriphoto.com by April 4th.IMPORTANT INFO:
THANK YOU SPONSORS:
- If you choose to use the images for commercial use, please email me at email@example.com before you purchase them online.
- The images are for sale and available to you for personal use. No resale.
- I would appreciate it if you would please leave a credit line w/ the image : © Kaori Photo / kaoriphoto.com
- I have a zero tolerance policy on screenshots & photos taken from this page with improper use. You will be caught, and invoiced. It's not worth it!! Ask if you have questions.
WHAT'S NEXT FOR ALL OUT EVENTS?
- ClikElite --- Camera bag for Adventure Photographers -- ask me about it!
- Endurance Cubed --- Triathlon & endurance coaching service specializing in individual and personalized training plans to help athletes maximize their full potential.
- Our E3 sponsors --- 2XU, Blueseventy, Blackrifle Coffee Company, PROBAR, BH Bikes , Zealios, Bioastin, Park City Running Company, Rudy Project
________This will be my 6th season working with All Out Events, and it has been a blessing to work with such incredibly driven and talented group of people. It is because of the AOE family that I have met some of the most inspiring and badass humans of this earth. I owe a lot of my successes as an Adventure Race Photographer & Race Director of Morro Bay Triathlon to the two founders of AOE, Kristin and Yishai Horowitz. Thank you, K & Y! <3
- Dawn to Dusk - 12 hour Adventure Race // October 21, 2017
- All Out 24 Hour // TBD
- Morro Bay Triathlon // November 5, 2017
bags upon bags upon bags.... oh, I spot a ClikElite bag on the right!!
- March Triathlon Series 2017Had a bit of fun today at March Triathlon Series at Lake Lopez! Team E3 kicked butt today in California! MTS is an annual Cal Poly Triathlon Team produced race, and it's a race many alumni flock back to San Luis Obispo to race or volunteer! Since the opening of the new year, I got sick for several months, and traveled quite a bit for work which derailed my triathlon training, so I decided to race the Sprint distance today instead of the Olympic. Despite the lack of proper training, I'm happy with how I did. Actually, I surprised myself... ha! Saw a lot of young kids racing out on the course today! So awesome to see them competing and ENJOYING it at such a young age. I wish them the best with their triathlon career. Had an incredible time seeing familiar faces volunteering throughout the race course and racing! All smiles today. Enjoy some of the images I snapped before, during and after the race.Event: March Triathlon Series 2017Date: March 26, 2017Location: Lake Lopez - Arroyo Grande, CAWebsite: marchtriathlonseries.comTeam E3 MTS ResultsDerick Smith of Paso Robles, CA : 5th in Age Group Sprint / 1:25:00.6Kaori Funahashi of San Luis Obispo, CA (me) : 1st in Age Group, 1st Overall Female Sprint / 1:18:04.1Derick Smith and Kyle Lewis will be competing in Ironman Oceanside 70.3 next weekend. Good luck, guys! Wish I could be there to cheer you both on!Big thanks to our sponsors:2XUBlueseventyBlackrifle Coffee CompanyPROBARBH BikesZealiosBioastinPark City Running CompanyRudy Project
When you see your friends at the run aid station... XD----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team CPTRI warming up on the trainer! Safety first... #helmet?
I present you.... the Race Director....!
Best cheerleader ever! Emma Chow!!
Collegiate team cheers
Post race beers at Lake Lopez? Sure!
Proud CPTRI Alum
MTS Committee kicks @$$
ALL THE SMILES
lets play count kaori's chins!
- 2XU - Honolulu Marathon - 2016
- JAPAN & SOUTH KOREA / 12 days, 16374 milesJAPAN & SOUTH KOREA / 12 days, 16374 miles( Image shown above: 伏見稲荷大社 / Fushimi-Inari-Taisha | Kyoto, Japan )
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY on screenshots &
photos taken from this page
(You will be caught, contacted and invoiced. It's not worth it! )
*for commercial use, please email firstname.lastname@example.orgALL RIGHTS RESERVED© Kaori Photo email@example.com
JAPAN & SOUTH KOREA
[ 12 DAYS, 16374 MILES ]
Jason and I took several weeks off to travel across the Pacific Ocean from San Luis Obispo, CA to visit Japan and South Korea. It was about time I showed him my old home of 9 years.
My hope was to create a detailed blog about my experience with a Gaia map embedded to show you all of the locations we traveled to... but life happens, and I couldn't wait any longer to share these photos with you, so here you go. You get the photos without the detailed map with descriptions. Perhaps one day I'll discover a few days of freedom where I can spend on 'detailing' the blog, but until then, hope you enjoy my photo gallery from our trip. Here you'll find shots taken with my GoPro and my Sony A7rii. We've Snapchatted our way through the trip as well... hope you were able to catch some of those. If not, well, you're kind of out of luck now... but make sure you follow me at kaoriphoto. While you're at it, you can find me on Instagram and Facebook too!
Hope you enjoy my gallery below... to view the FULL PHOTO GALLERY, CLICK HERE!
Q: This surely can't be all of the photos you took on the trip... where are the rest of them?
A: You're right... click here for the entire gallery!
Q: How do I reach you if I have questions?
A: If you know me personally, you know how to reach me. If not, hit me up via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: How do I purchase some of these images?
A: Head over to my travel gallery: Kaori Photo - you can purchase photo prints, canvas prints of any size... :)
Q: I'm planning on a trip to Japan soon... I need recommendations!
A: Shoot me an email! email@example.com. Happy to chat with you!Jason enjoying the LAX Star Alliance Lounge... [GoPro shot]Pre-flight champagne :) It may have been 9:30am, when has that ever stopped us?
Shibuya - Tokyo, JapanWe hung out with Heather and Robert Newman in Tokyo for a day! [GoPro shot]Cat Cafe. This was Heathers idea, I promise! ;)
[GoPro shot][GoPro shot]Cat Cafe. [GoPro shot]Hi, cat! [GoPro shot]Jason had a business meeting... he looked so good! [GoPro shot]
Robert Newman - "I wonder if I'll get trampled if I sat right here..." - Shibuya - Tokyo, Japan
Homemade breakfast in Tokyo. Thanks, mom!
We caught the first snow day in Tokyo! First time it has snowed in Tokyo in November in 54 years! - Central Park near my house in Tokyo. Snow day!Of course we exercise on vacation! How do you expect us to eat all of that delicious food?! [GoPro Shot]...102, 103, 104.....147... [GoPro Shot]The Japanese are all about the sweets. That cheesecake was so... good......Thank you Heather and Robert Newman for letting us stay at the hotel in the city! #thatworkedoutquitenicelyShinjuku Station.Gained a few pounds on this trip, but who cares? It's vacation!My shSee the sun? To the left of it you see apartments.
Yeah, those apartments blocked our view of the beautiful Mt. Fuji from my house. Used to be such a pretty sight...Lights. Humans. Lights. Humans. Lights. Humans.Haneda International Airport - Prayer tags :) <3
SOUTH KOREAJason studied abroad in South Korea for a year, and since Tokyo wasn't too far from it, we flew over there to check out what they've been up to. Turns out while we were there, their President was getting impeached. Dang. Oh, we also caught their first snow day too! So, that was pretty neat-o.The class bell rang 3 minutes ago... girl, you're tardy! You better run faster![GoPro shot][GoPro shot][GoPro shot]It was cold in S. Korea... my camera appreciated the lens muffs :) [GoPro shot]POO WITH A VIEW! [GoPro shot]
Jasons basketball hoop. I'll let him tell the story for you. Just ask him.Korean breakfast. #nomThis campus was so beautiful! Ewha Womens University.Ewha Womens UniversityEwha Womens UniversityLove locks on Seoul TowerKorean street foodGrabbed dinner with his host family-brother and his wife. Cheers!
back to JAPAN
ROPPONGI, JAPANGueorgui Tcherednitchenko & friends photo gallery in Roppongi.
I've got to know Gueorgui and his love for photography over several years after meeting in Tokyo during a business trip. Today, I got to see his work in a photo gallery show called 'Inhabitants' featuring himself, Jiye Kim, and Venelina Preininger. Great work, Gueorgui! Hope to do a show with you in Japan soon...!
TOKYO, JAPANBest. Sushi. Ever. Sushizanmai in Tsukiji. This place is open 24/7!SushizanmaiJapanese knives.We hit up the Nissan concept gallery in Ginza.Jason, go over there and walk back towards me, but don't look at me. The lighting is PERFECT. Thanks Jason for modeling for me throughout this entire trip!The imperial palace...Well, guys... we can't be serious all the time, can we?! [GoPro shot]We've lost our minds. - Oh, hello, Imperial Gardens! [GoPro shot]Two 5 yen coins. Can anyone guess what this symbolizes?That gold funky thing? That's the Asahi Beer HQ.
To the left of the image, that's the Sky Tree (the tallest tower in the world)Of course we had to grab a beer at the Asahi HQ. That view was incredible!BULLET TRAINS! We were gifted J.R. Passes, which allowed us to travel as much as we did using the bullet trains. These J.R. Passes are only available to foreigners (non Japanese)... don't ask how I got mine. The light. Yes.We traveled 5.5 hours by bullet train to Hakodate to eat ramen. Fact.Jason, your arm is a mile long... [GoPro shot]Bullet train. So fast. [GoPro shot]
View from above his head. [GoPro shot]#RockagatorKyotoSelfie [GoPro shot]
Look down, look up! [GoPro shot]
Recognize this from our Holiday Card? [GoPro shot]
Kyoto the Beautiful. [GoPro shot]I think we walked 15-16miles that day. We averaged 13-14 miles/day over 12 days....We were hungry for ramen(again), so we found a place near by. Ramen was bomb. Ayam-ya in Kyoto. Muslim friendly spot where they had a separate prayer room. I thought that was awesome that they offer that. Cool place. Great food. Friendly staff. I would go back.Kyoto was beautiful.Here we are, in Hiroshima. 1,000 cranes...Every human in this world should have the chance to visit the Hiroshima Memorial Museum. Peace please, mmkay?Brrr....Jason was on the hunt for the Nintendo 64 Super Smash Bros.We finally found the store that carried it! Look at him! Happiest camper around!グリコ！The sea of humans. I was so afraid to walk down that path... we did it anyway. I survived to tell that story.Met up with my cousin and his wife which I haven't seen in 9 years in Osaka! Great seeing you guys! [GoPro shot]Osaka okonomiyaki. Bomb.com
- BSIM Monterey Bay Half Marathon 2016
FULL GALLERY FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE - COMING SOON...Click here to view race website
ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY on screenshots & photos taken from this page w/o credit ;)
(You will be caught, contacted and invoiced. It's not worth it! )
*for commercial use, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
© Kaori Photo 2016